OFF THE WALL STUDIO . . . A Learning Environment for the Young at Art was founded in 1983 in Hawaii as a means of offering art enrichment programs to students of all ages. A studio was opened in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1996 and closed in the spring of 2012 after Off The Wall opened a location in Stillwater, Minnesota in 2011.
Karron Nottingham, Director/Instructor of Off The Wall Studio, is a professional artist recognized nationally and internationally for both her mixed media constructions and her lectures / seminars on creative content. She is a dynamic speaker with extensive experience in art education who enthusiastically embraces the development of “self!”.
The childrens classes at Off The Wall have been designed to enrich each child’s aesthetic potential through artistic expression.
- Art has always been a wonderful means of personal expression and exploration for children.
- Art offers a unique view of the world and it’s history through the perspectives of various artists and their works.
- Art celebrates multiple perspectives and different ways to see and interpret the world.
- Through the experimentation and manipulation of a variety of materials and techniques a child can discover his or her own special manner of communication.
- Art exploration builds self esteem and offers freedom to create and imagine.
- Art reminds us that the limits of our language do not define the limits of our thinking.
- Art empowers children to say what cannot be said.
Karron has been sharing her love of art teaching students of all ages for over 30 years. She has served as Artist in Residence at several Stillwater Area Schools for over 18 years.
Located: 2000 Industrial Blvd. #3 (Red door, behind back)
Stillwater, Minnesota 55082
Contact me: Karron@OffTheWallStudio.org with your questions or to get your class or school signed up for lessons!